June 24, 2008

Your Back

You said goodbye without turning to me. You said it with a cold and firm voice. All I could see was your back. And all I could do was watching your back going further and further away from my chest. You said goodbye. I didn't say anything. I couldn't. How could I. For a second I thought to myself that you would change your mind and come back to where you left me. But a kid's voice woke me up. The poor kid was shouting "Mommy mommy! Where's mommy?". I looked at him and whispered "You're not the only one here. Someone just left me too...". Your back... All I could see were strange faces walking slowly towards me. Unrecognisable backs wandering around. Where were you? You were gone. You melted within the huge wave of people. And all I could see was... was the little boy crying and shouting and waiting for his mom to pick him up. "Where's mommy?".

2 comments:

J. Camilo said...

Sóbrio, intenso. Gostei muito!

JC

Francesca said...

Obrigada J. Camilo :)