July 02, 2008

Time's Up, It's Expired

We live an insatiable romance. Our appetites can never be satisfied. You always want more. More from me, more from the almost emptied heart which can barely hold me alive. You want more. You need more. And I've been giving it all to you. Almost.
You say we are strange creatures and I couldn't agree more with that. We are always fighting due to our common stupidities. Battles are on from the very first minute we wake up and end when we decide just to cherish a tiny bit of peace and serenity...
Now, you say you are tired. You say you don't want to go any further. You say you've had enough. And I'm sitting here, right here where we pick at each other most of the time, wondering who is going to fight with me ever again. Who is going to start with me another senseless but strangely sweet battle? And who is going to pump my bloodless heart to keep me awake at all times? I've never been awake. From the moment we met, I forgot what awake meant. And now I no longer remember what it means.

1 comment:

M said...

A dor acorda-nos quando mais nada faz sentido, reconhecer o nosso proprio rosto na maldade é aceitar que somos imperfeitos. Aceitar é reconhecer a necessidade de mudar e crescer. É sempre bom quando acordamos depois de um sono profundo e estagnado. Gostei imenso...