October 02, 2008

Leave Me Now (I)

The clock keeps ticking.
Nobody talks until one of them breaks the silence, turns the music on...

("What a drag it is, the shape I'm in... Well I go out somewhere then I come home again...")

Is that it? - she asks.

("All my life, watching America... All my life, there's panic in America, Oh Oh Oh, Oh... There's trouble in America, Oh Oh Oh, Oh...")

Umm... I gotta go. Call me when you're ready. - he replies.

His back fades away as he shuts the door behind him leaving his past...

("Yesterday was easy, happiness came and went... I got the movie script, but i don't know what it meant...")

Tears are born, drawing fragile paths on her face, stamping the insivible bruises underneath her skin.
The phone rings but she can barely notice.
It keeps ringing, crying out for help but she stands still on the floor forgetting the world, ignoring her existence...
It rings and rings. She finally picks it up.

Yea... - she says.
I just want you know that... That... I'd never want to hurt you... In any way... - he says.
People... Ah... People are already getting hurt... - she whispers.

The conversation is over. Has it ever been on?
She bursts into tears and destroys everything she sees around her, including herself...

("All my life, watching America... All my life, there's panic in America, Oh Oh Oh, Oh... There's trouble in America, Oh Oh Oh, Oh... Tell me how does it feel... Tell me how does it feel... Tell me how does it feel...")

To be continued...

No comments: