June 23, 2010

The Light Of My Day












The alarm is on at 10 o’clock in the morning. I open my eyes for a moment and think to myself if I should sleep for a bit longer. But I can’t. Because I don’t feel like it. Because I just can’t.I wake up and look in the mirror. I can’t see myself. I don’t want to look at myself. And so I’m off to have a shower and stay there for half an hour dreaming with my eyes wide open what has already been dreamed yesterday. I get dressed in a hurry not knowing the reason behind all this madness. And I leave the house. I look in the sky and see stars. Invisible and sleepy stars. I hang around in the narrow streets and think of my shopping list. I want everything. Why not? There’s no reason why I can’t have what I want. Or maybe there is, but it’s me who doesn’t want to accept it. I want nothing... People pass me by. They all have lively eyes. All filled with hope for being alive for one more day. Except me. I’m the only one with despair in mine. I don’t know where to go. Because I’m alone. I’m so lost in my own home. I don’t know what I’m doing. I don’t have the slightest idea of what I’m saying either as nothing makes sense anymore. Nothing is worth of my time to look at when you're not around. Simply because nothing compares to you. To your unconditional love you’ve got for me. I need you. I need you to wake me up everyday with your sweet kisses... exclusively for me. And only so I have the notion of where to go, what I want.

No comments: