January 20, 2011

Perhaps A French Way To Say It, No?

- I love you.

- I love you too.

- Why do you say "I love you too"?

- Because I do!

- No, I don't want you to say it like that! Just say "I love you"!

- Okok... I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!

- No! Not like that!

- Geez! What do you want me to say then? I just said I LOVE YOU!!!

- The thing is why do I have to be the one saying "I love you" first? Why can't you say it first?

- Because you already said it first!!!

- No... I've always been the one saying it first... I just want you to say it first, willingly, without the "you too"...

- Huh?! I say I LOVE YOU TOO because I simply feel the same way as you do to me! What's so wrong in saying that?!

- When you say "you too" it makes me feel you say it just because I say it first... And how do you know how much I love you? I love you a lot, a lot and a lot. But when you say "I love you too" does it ever occur to you wether you feel the same intensity and amount of love I have for you? If not then you shouldn't say "I love you too"...

- God, what are you on about?! Look, I love you too and that's it!

- Why can't you say it like the french do? When a french says "je t'aime" the other goes "moi non plus", it means "me neither" in a sense that "I don't love you more than you do to me"... It means they love each other equally, they both give and receive at the same time...

- Well... I'm not french...

- But maybe you could be one at times...

No comments: