June 23, 2011

The 110 Things I Do When You're Not Around















Putting my bag and breakfast in a corner
turning on my computer
sitting and day dreaming in front of the monitor
while having in a hurry the same breakfast every morning
checking emails
most of them from annoying creatures
still have to deal with them with a smile
but with a growing rage inside
suppressing this negative vibe
while everyone around seems to gossip
about him and her and you and me
making calls to confirm this and that
waiting for replies and some other calls
a glimpse of your face appears in my head
feeding the need to see you asap
but then an imaginary hand slaps my face
telling me to wake up
and stop dreaming this soon
lunch time has arrived
but it's too hot outside
can hardly breathe under the burning sun and heavy air
laying myself on the sofa
with my chubby cat starring at me with a grumpy face
try to take a nap for a few minutes
before I've to rush back to work
walking the same path everyday
wishing you were holding my hand
to make things look a lot brighter
a lot more interesting and colorful
but then I hear the cars horning
people shouting
dragging me to reality
to my working desk
another set of paper works
and calls and emails and meetings
and people to deal with
and it's almost time to go
suddenly
I'm reminded to breathe
to live
to truly smile
only because I get to see you waiting for me outside my workplace.

Thank you for giving me the oxygen I crave from you.

No comments: