March 25, 2009

Purgatory (I)

- Should I tell?

- What's there that cannot be told?

- If I do, she will ask a thousand questions. She'll try to convince me to do the opposite of what I'm looking forward to. And she'll be disappointed.

- Isn't part of what you are looking forward to the same as what she wants?

- But if I keep my mouth shut, I'll be just like any other coward.

- Who isn't?

- If I tell her half of the truth and keep the rest absent, I'll have to come up with several excuses.

- Isn't that just another smoother way of lying, not telling the other what you're supposed to?

- What should I do? What goes around comes around...

- Everybody lies. You're what you determine to be the truth. You're what you make up as part of the truth. And you're everything you decide to keep away from the truth. Let me remind you: you only told her part of the truth.

1 comment:

J. Camilo said...

Things are getting serious, Francesca.... :-)

What's going to happen? I'm curious.... :-)

:-)

Joao