December 21, 2009

Fireworks

We had an argument and you said you were too tired. I can't remember why and what we were arguing on about. Whatever it was, tiny or serious, you walked out from my car. I immediately ran after you and grabbed your hand, wondering if it had to be the way it was. You didn't look into my eyes. You just refused to open yourself and let me read your thoughts and whatever it was concerning you. And I was desperate to do so, begging you to tell me anything that came to your mind. We stood there when my eyes were searching for yours, people were passing by, cars were horning and traffic lights were switching from red to green. You said you needed some time to figure out something and begged me to let you go. I couldn't. I insisted to talk and to solve it together, but you made it very clear to let you off for some time. And so, against my will, I had to let you go. A huge noise scared me, fireworks had started. Lots of people were contemplating them with big smiles. I was there among a big wave of people looking at your back while mine was facing the fireworks. Were they beautiful? I didn't know. To me they were just a set of sparkling colorful things playing in the dark. We were supposed to watch it together. And they were supposed to be beautiful.

No comments: