December 23, 2009

My Only Cure











It's not about how long
we've been together,
nor is it how
we've bumped to
each other's life,
ending up where we are
right now.
It's how each breath
I take
reminds me
of your smell,
even though
I can't really
distinguish if it's mine
or yours anymore,
that sweet scent
invading each corridor,
corner you pass by.
It's how
you hold my hands
with such a strength,
and the way
our fingers fit
right into each other's,
making me
never willing
to let them go.
It's when
I touch your face
looking through your eyes,
feeling your jaw line
and irresistibly
having to caress it
with my lips.
Yes,
it's how
you manage
to keep me safe
happy
loved
and grateful
throughout
these 120 days or so.
Nothing seems to be
the same anymore.
I can hardly picture
myself alone
without your presence.
I think,
I really think
I'm diseased.
And the only cure
for me
is you.
So please,
don't run
don't go
don't vanish
out of a sudden,
just be mine,
be mine forever.

2 comments:

J. Camilo said...

A second and revised edition in love doesn't happen easily... :-) The good thing with the love we lost is that for a while at least it still keeps us busy and connected to reality.... :-) Indifference alone would be dangerous and a kind of death... :-)

Have a Great Ano Novo, Cesca!

:-)

Joao

Francesca said...

Agreed :)

Bom Ano Novo Joao, que tudo te corra das melhores :)

Cesca*