November 04, 2008

Dangerous Path (III)

7 months ago

Sheila, you know you have to be here every afternoon, don't you? - askes Dr. Henrik Meyers.

Look, I still have bills to pay and I'm not married to a rich lad! I need to work and I need to eat... - she replies.

I know... But this is a crucial procedure for you. If you keep skipping these sections, your situation is going to get worse... And - he says.

And what? And I'll keep having severe illusions till the day I die... Am I right? How about killing myself then? So I can end everything at once! - she says.

Sheila... I'm here to help... Why don't you tell me about your day? From the moment you woke up till now, how about that? Let's just relax and chat... - he says.

I had another bad dream again... He wasn't in there... But... Anyway, I woke up, got prepared, had my breakfast and went to work. Mom called when I was at the station... She asked how I was... I hate that. Why does she do that everytime she calls? What now? Is everyone afraid I'm gonna hurt myself or jump from a bridge or stay in the middle of a highway waiting for someone to crash me?! Ridiculous... I told her I was fine... Then the train was delayed... I was late to work and as usual, everyone looked at me as if I was some kinda alien... Why can't they look in the bloody mirror? They wouldn't... Because they wouldn't know how to handle themselves... Those morons... They are afraid to see their dark and dirty souls. They all wear masks and stamping on others jsut so they can show how glamorous they are... Glamourous?! Hahahaha... Yea, they probably think they are the best, but it's what they hide from others, what they don't show that shout more... What's invisible to the eye is always the truth, no? I had two apples at lunch, didn't feel hungry at all... Then I left office early, and they were all like "Look at her! She thinks she's the boss... fucking tart!"... Whatever... And here I am Henrik... - she tells.

So who else did you see during the day? - he asks.

I... I think I saw... I was passing through a bookstore and a book cover catched me... So I stood there looking at it, and from the window's reflection, Ii saw him... I turned around to see him... But then he left... I couldn't see which way he headed... I tried but everyone looked the same... - she replies.

What did you do later on? - he asks?

I gave up and came here. I'm sure he was there... I know that was him, really. Yea... That must have been him... I remember his chest and he was wearing his favourite scarf... What? You don't believe me do you? I knew it! It's always the same shit isn't it?! You tell me to describe my days and then you don't believe a bloody word I say... Fine then... Fine!!! - she shouts.

Sheila calm down... I didn't say anything. Of course I believe you. You see him everyday. - he replies.

I'm tired. I don't wanna talk. Can we do this another day? - she asks.

Yes, sure. Promise me you are coming here tomorrow afternoon, ok? - he asks.

I'll try... you know... I have so many things to do... - she says.

Sheila, I'm here to help you. See you tomorrow. - he says.

He used to say that too... Look where he is now... Happy valentine's day Henrik, your babe is a very lucky girl...- she whispers.

To be continued...

No comments: