September 21, 2009

A Melancholic Dream

I just woke up from a misty dream. How strange it is to see your face in there. It was blury but I could tell it was you. I say it's strange because I don't usually see people's faces in my dreams. Or perhaps I'm just too shy to stare at them in my own dreams... I don't know... It's disturbing how this is happening. I'm not saying I don't have any desire to see you in them, not at all. All I'm trying to say is that it is weird and quite unexplicable you are the only person my eyes can catch in my dreams. Funny, how things turn out in life. My eyes are on you now, you are all I can see. I think I'm going mad. But I'm enjoying it, I'm actually asking for this madness to last. Yes, I'm all over you now. Can't you tell? When I look at you I see a different person everyday. I can't quite figure out what's going on in your mind. Needless to say in your heart. Not exactly impossible to do so, it's just most of the time I don't know what's behind those olive eyes... Well, I try my best to guess and to decipher those signs you give away, but nothing. Hang on, nothing? Not really, when I'm lucky and when you're willing to spill it out I get something... It's frustrating at times, but I like it. It's like I'm next to you, close to your thoughts but then I can't quite catch them... It's strangely magnetic. Yes, that's the word. Magnetic. What do you see in me then? I haven't got a clue. I'm not particularly your kind of taste. At least that's what I think. I'm not good looking. I'm a worrier, not much confidence with what I do. I'm boring. Ordinary. No one could have possibly fallen in love with me unless they are out of this universe. I'm just a simple man on earth who needs to gain more weight and work on my muscles. See how unattractive and mudane I am? No, you don't. And that's what bothers me. I'm scared that one day we'll both wake up from this dream. And when I look into your eyes I can't no longer see my reflection in them. I'm scared that you'll tell me how blind folded you were to pick me. I'm scared that you'll get bored of me and never coming back to my arms again. I'm scared. Yes, I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish there's no boundary between reality and imaginations, I guess both of those terminologies won't be necessaries when your mind is completely occupied by someone or something consciously or sub- consciously.

But is it fare to say reality will no longer be reality and only imagination unrestricted by the boring world exists if both of them have a mutual feeling? Well, at least that's how I feel about my better half... What do you think Francesca?

Laranja

Francesca said...

There are times when the line between reality and imagination gets slighty blured and not much of a concern. But when people mix them too often, especially when their minds and hearts are fully focused on someone/something, it could be quite bulky... You wouldn't want to live in a dream, would you? Where most of the things you see and feel are illusions, making you unsure of what's going on. You want something real, real feelings, moments that you can grasp. A dimension where you can be insiprired to imagine by the ones you love. I guess is important to always have room for imaginations and fantasies, otherwise it'd be boring and too painfully real... but when it comes to feelings towards someone, I'd appreciate it to be more towards reality so I can feel, be sure of, taste the good and bad of it... I wouldn't want to live in a "Lalaland"...

Laranja... mm... I've a feeling we know each other... Anyway, thanks for leaving me a comment :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Francesca,

Thanks for the reply, thought ya might ignore my comments since it was pretty naive.

But I think ya misunderstood me there. What I meant was when you finally met someone who share the same feeling as ya, everything seems to be too good to be true.

Those things which should only exist in the fantasy worlds all seem to appear to my life so naturally. And when that happens reality is not so true to me anymore, although all the feelings are REAL. Maybe I should put it this way... I haven't lived yet until I met my lady. Pardon me there, my better half is a very unique lady...

What makes ya think ya know me? Let me guess, your name is Italian, right? At least ya're from Europe. I was born in the other half of the world, so the chances are...

Looking forward to see more of your writing.

Best Regards,
Laranja

Francesca said...

I get what you mean now and I kind of agree with you in a way. Guess that happens when two different people are in love with each other. Simple daily things turn out to be beautiful in such a vibrant way. From what you said, what you are having with your other half must be quite intensily sweet and loving :) You must be unique to her as well. It only happens when 2 people think of each other as unique and especial.

I just have a feeling that I know you somehow. You were born at the other half of the world, but your nick is Portuguese... what a nick... haha... I don't mean to be rude, just find it funny :) You must be someone of good taste, just a feeling. And you remind me of someone especial & important in my life... mm... how strange... Anyway, you're welcome to leave me comments :)