November 04, 2009

The Couple (I)

When I got there you were already gone. Everything looked the same except they seemed tidier and that bothered me. I walked to your room and I couldn't smell your scent anymore. It was an empty cold room with nothing resembling your presence. You just vanished the entire place, unwilling to give me one more chance to see you go. Refusing to let me breathe you for one last time. How cruel was that? You were mean. Harsh. Unreasonable. You left me in such a hurry allowing me to keep my sadness and desperation away from everybody and to die inside my already dead soul. Who were you to do that? I hated you. I hated you more than anything. You selfish filthy thing... You took away my pride, my freedom, my hunger to cry... As I was forcing myself to shed some tears out, I sat on the floor. I couldn't feel anything. I needed to go, needed to run... It was too suffocating in such a big house. And so I closed the door without looking back even though I knew you were nearby watching me. You coward.

It's been a year now since I last saw you. I wonder where you are. Some people told me you went to far east. Well, you've always wanted to travel to the other side of the world. You just didn't because I wouldn't let you. I dragged you all the way with me to places you never really wanted to stay. And that must had been quite hard on you. Was it the reason why you left? I don't know. I'm waiting for you to tell me. In case you ever do, please stay for longer before you are ready to leave me again.

Relationships are weird links. They can be so convincing and terribly reliable, promising the whole world. Yet, nothing is guaranteed. Thus, how reliable could they be? Another delusion, another deception... I'm not saying it's impossible though. It's only... too hard. I remember you told me the story of the scorpion and frog. The scorpion wanted to cross the river, but he didn't know how to swim. He saw a frog around and asked if the frog could take him on the back. The frog said no, because it knew when they arrive to the other side of the river, the scorpion would sting the frog. But the scorpion insisted he would not. The frog trusted him. At the end, he got killed, and wondered why. The scorpion said "I'm sorry, but this is my nature". Was that your nature as well? Or was I too ingenuous?

I'm just too desperate for something believable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Francesca, it's been quite long. Hope you're doing good.

A depressing story you've got there, quite real though. Good work ;)

Zito

Francesca said...

I'm good. How have you been Zito?

Anonymous said...

I'm all right. Still alive and hoping to have my holidays soon :)

Zito