November 17, 2009

The Couple (III)

He is crafty, manipulative and an exaggerator. He gets what he wants and doesn't allow those things to slip through his fingers. In a very discreet way he drives me to think that he's such an insecure man, who is just too madly in love with me. He makes me aware of how much he cares about me and this relationship, exposing his weaknesses making me unable to blame him for anything. How can I? He's such a truthful and sensitive man... Don't women love that? We do. And that's the problem. He plays it well, I've to say. Good enough to make me turn a blind eye to his intentions. I do it not because he's really good at it. But because I'm willing to be cheated on. Yes, we play it well.

Life should be easy, why on earth should we complicate it? We've been together for 3 years now. Nothing much have changed. I've to admit I've got used to it, to him. And so has he. We don't really talk anymore. All we do is action. A word or a few is enough to constrain us back into the game. Enough to show our intentions. Enough to take and not much to give.

We are just two miserable cinders. That's life. That's a boring life of a couple who are too grown up for too little love pretending to play it well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is she willing to be cheated on? What are his intentions? "Miserable cinders"... nice metaphor Francesca. Hope you won't get bored of my comments... ahahhha ;)

Zito
(my blog is out.....)

Francesca said...

Thanks for your previous comments :)

Why do you think she's willing to be manipulated in that way? I guess he enjoys controlling her, getting what he wants. What do you think?
:)

Anonymous said...

She sounded in love at first, but then she got used to him, and so did he. I think when you're in love with someone, you tend to give in, turn a blind eye (as you said) to most of the things he/she does. You're just, again like you said, willingly to allow that person take over you... that's what I think. As for the guy... hhmm.. His intentions might be not to lose someone, something he loves and wants, and hence, to control her, manipulate her. I think most people are just too afraid to lose what they've. He must have loved her a lot at first, maybe he still does, but then selfishness turned him around, instead of loving, he chose to manipulate her... Sounds like my experience. Anyway, have a great day Francesca. You might know me... :)

Zito

J. Camilo said...

Maybe, Cesca, relationships are not about love but about something else, whatever it is - and we do not have a name for that mysterious reason that forces us to spend time worrying... And because of that painful lack of a name for what we feel and for what is going on we misunderstand everything.. :-)

Francesca said...

Mmm... or maybe people are just a bit too complicated... :)

J. Camilo said...

Soon or later what is simple threatens to show its complicated face, Cesca... You don't need to worry, just wait a bit... :-)

I am fine. You too, it seems... :-) Take care!

joao

Francesca said...

I know... but it won't bother much when you decide to see things differently, in another perspective.. I guess :) Or maybe I'm just too optimistic...

I'm doing great Joao :)
Have a great weak**

Cesca*